About This Course
Excel course for Finance, Commerce, Management & Engineering Students
Self-Paced Recorded Course (2 Months access only!)
Why should you learn this course?
- Excel is the essential skill for all the finance, HR, Management students.
- Excel is necessary step to understand data and first steppingstone to become a business analyst and data scientist.
- This course will give you practical experience on different datasets including Finance and HR data.
- Learn any time and anywhere.
- Learn using industry relevant examples.
Each module has practice along files and assignments which will help sharpen your skills. The examples and scenarios used in the course are in line with the live-work scenarios.
At the end of the course, you will be comfortable working with process of turning raw data into amazing dashboards !
A course that makes you eligible for many jobs in finance & management.
This course is started step for future business analysts and data scientist as it gives the understanding of the data.
Self-paced recorded course
Gives practical knowledge of MS Excel
Gives practical knowledge on using Finance and HR data
- For Finance, Commerce, Management & Engineering Students
- Qualifications: BBA, BBM, MBA (Finance, Marketing, HR), BCom, MCom, B.Tech, BCA, MCA
Module 1 – Excel Fundamentals
* Getting to know the application and its interface. * Here, we try to understand the features of excel, available options in each of the menu tabs. * Entering data and how excel understands the user inputs along with basic data formatting and shortcuts.
1 Interface and options7:31
2 Open, Save and Shortcuts9:43
3 Text, Numeric and Date format logic6:11
4 Date formatting2:16
5 Module 1 Assignment 1 Introduction1:17
Module 1 – Assignment 1
Module 2 – Modifying Excel Worksheet
* Work with worksheets, introducing the sheet additions, deleting and how to edit multiple sheets in one go! * Work with cells and its formatting. Different ways to use the cells when text is involved vs Numeric. * Get know the most amazing feature! Conditional Formatting. Highlight and draw attention to the Cells, Rows and Columns based on conditions.
1 Cells, Worksheet and Workbook6:47
2 Conditional Formatting 112:05
3 Conditional Formatting 210:10
4 Condtional Formatting 37:52
5 Formatting Cells, Rows and Columns10:09
Module 2 Assignment Explanation0:29
Module 2 – Assignment 2
Module 3 – Filters and Sorting
* Quick analysis! Knowing how to apply filters, multiple columns and sorting
Module 3 Task0:42
Module 3 – Assignment 3
Module 4 – Basic Excel Functions
* Understand the most important feature, Cell Referencing. This enables us to navigate formulas with ease. * Work with the basic formulas under the categories: Numeric, Text, Logical, Date and Lookups. * Understand how to write Formulas in different sheets and sheet references.
1 Cell References9:56
2 Numeric Functions13:39
3 Text Functions19:07
4 Date Functions16:29
5 Logical Functions13:01
6 Lookup Functions16:50
7 Data Validation6:08
8 Text to Columns3:53
9 Module 4 Assignments1:37
Module 4 Assignment 2
Module 4, Assignment 4A – Cell Reference and formulas
Module 5 – Dashboard Creation
* Lets apply what we have learnt so far and also learn further data manipulation to seek insights. * Understand the data, frequent challenges and how to shape the data to generate charts and Pivot Tables. * Build the Dashboard Views and work with Slicers.
1 Module 5 Introduction4:16
2 A . Create Tables and Pivot Tables11:07
2 Data Clean up 112:05
3 Data Clean up 25:43
4 Seeking Insights3:26
5 Static vs Dyanmic Table6:30
6 Sales Dashboard Part 113:00
7 Sales Dashboard Part 215:23
8 Sales Dashboard Part 39:34
9 Sales Dashboard Part 410:16
10 HR Dashboard Intro2:11
11 HR Dashboard Part 117:36
12 HR Dashboard Part 29:51
Module 5 – Dashboard 1 Sales Data Assignment
Module 5 – Dashboard 2 HR Data Assignment
Lets test what we learnt! Excel Quiz
My name is Sridhar Taadri, i enjoy teaching and bridging the gap between academics and workplace for students. I have 7 years of experience in the world of Reporting & Analytics using Excel, Tableau, PowerBI and many other Applications.See more